Are you passionate about supporting the independence and wellbeing of people in need? Training Tailor Made offers the Certificate III in Individual Support specialising in either Ageing, Disability or Home and Community. This qualification will teach you the skills and knowledge to provide a high level of personal, physical, and emotional support to clients with diverse needs.
The Individual Support and Aged Care industry is fast-growing, with the Queensland Government predicting thousands of additional jobs becoming available in the coming years. This qualification will equip you with the skills, knowledge and practical experience required to start a career within the Ageing, Disability, or Home and Community Care sector.
- Home and Community
- Job Trainer (free)
- $30 concessional
- $50 non-conessional
Why study Individual Support with us?
- This course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you require to start your career as a qualified Aged Care or Support Worker within 6 months. You will gain the practical skills and learn the fundamentals of aged care and to graduate job ready.
- The aged care and community industry is fast-growing, with caring and knowledgeable workers in demand.
- Training Tailor Made specialize in this sector, with highly experienced Trainers and Assessors who will support you, inspire you and challenge you to grow to your fullest potential.
- Training Tailor Made offer structured work placement during your studies, to gain the practical experience and industry exposure to feel confident, competent, ready to start your new role. Training Tailor Made works in conjunction with local facilities who offer additional inhouse training and opportunities to our students. We have received community recognition for our high-quality students.
- After completion of this course, you will qualify to work in a variety of care roles, with various career pathways, including assistant in nursing, care worker, residential care worker and residential support worker.
- Training Tailor Made offers flexible education. We offer in class options with excellent teachers, online options, blended learning, lecture recordings and ability to fast-track your qualification. You can access your learning materials at any time, with our user-friendly online portal and high-quality resources.
- You will be supported through your studies by a team of experienced Trainers and Assessors and administration staff members. We offer tutoring support, in class and online consultations, and we are always available by phone, email or face-to-face for support. Student experience is our priority.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (specialisations: Ageing, Disability or Home and Community)
Approximately 6 months including 120 hours of placement. Flexible options are available to all students.
Qualification level Certificate
Flexible: in class, blended or online with 120 hours of Work Placement.
Face to face classes, live online classes and lecture recordings are available to you each week.
Written questions, workplace assessments, practical tasks and work placement
Australian Pacific Services Pty Ltd/ Training Tailor Made (RTO number: 31729)
Workers in this industry are in high demand. The past five years has seen strong growth in the aged and disability sector, with many thousands of jobs expected to become available in the coming years.
(Australian Government Job Outlook)
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone who would like to start a career as a Support Worker or Aged Care Worker, or for those already working in the area needing to formalize or upgrade their qualifications.
Potential Career Outcomes
- Aged Care Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
What you’ll learn
During the course, you will learn:
- About the human body and how to support its healthy functioning.
- Important skills to comply with infection control.
- How to facilitate the empowerment of older people. How to work with diverse people
- Legal and ethical requirements for working in a care role
- Meeting personal client support needs.
- How to tailor support to meet the needs of individual clients.
- Learn about dementia, how it can affect a person, and strategies to communicate with, support, and monitor a client with dementia.
- How to support client independence and wellbeing.
- How to work effectively within the health and community care sector.
- How to implement behaviour support strategies
- How to assist and support clients to participate in community settings.
- How to work safely when providing direct client care
13 units in total: 7 Core 6 Elective
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence & well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate & work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally & ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Electives for Aged care
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers & families
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
For a dual Ageing/Home and Community Care Certificate
You can complete one additional unit for $175 or concessional for $150.
- CHCCCS011 – Provide home & community support services
For a Ageing/Disability Certificate
You can complete an additional 3 units at $175 per unit or concessional for $150 per unit.
- CHCDIS001 – Contribute to ongoing skills develop. using a strength-based approach
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centered behavior supports
- CHCDIS003 – Support community participation & social inclusion
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) from Training Tailor Made, RTO Provider Number 31729.
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, per the CHC Community Services Training Package.
It is also recommended that students
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have access to a computer
- Have basic computing skills
You will need to be at least 16 years old.