Are you passionate about supporting the independence and wellbeing of people in need? The Certificate III in Individual Support CHC33021 equips you with the knowledge and skills to work effectively in the Ageing or Disability sector. This qualification will develop your skills and knowledge to provide a high level of personal, physical, and emotional support to clients with ageing or disability needs.
The Individual Support, Disability and Aged Care industry is fast-growing, with the Queensland Government predicting thousands of additional jobs becoming available in the coming years. This qualification will equip you with the skills, knowledge and practical experience required to start a career within the Ageing or Disability sector, across both residential and community settings.
Training Tailor Made offers both face to face classes or online study mode, covering both specialisations of Ageing and Disability.
Government Funding (for eligible QLD residents):
- $50 non-concessional (Certificate 3 Guarantee or C3G Boost)
- $30 concessional (Certificate 3 Guarantee or C3G Boost)
- SQW through TMC (fee free)
Full Fee Student Pricing:
- Full cost: $2,625
- Concessional cost: $2,250
Why study Individual Support with us?
- This course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you require to start your career as a qualified Aged Care or Disability Support Worker with 15 weeks of face to face classes and 120 hours of Vocational Placement.
- Training Tailor Made specialise in ageing and disability support, with highly regarded Trainers and Assessors who endeavour to support you, inspire you and challenge you to grow to your fullest potential.
- Training Tailor Made offer structured work placement during your studies, allowing you to gain the practical experience and industry exposure to feel confident, competent, ready to start your new role. Training Tailor Made has arrangements with local facilities for you to complete your work placement. This placement also provides you with a valuable opportunity to showcase your skills, and apply for an employment role.
- You will gain the foundational knowledge and practical skills to work within the aged and disability sector
- Compassionate and knowledgeable workers are in demand within this fast-growing and meaningful job sector.
- After completion of this course, you will qualify to work in a variety of care roles, with various career pathways, including; personal carer (aged or disability carer), home care assistant, nurse’s aide, accommodation support worker, community care worker, disability services officer, planned activity assistant, school support officer (Disability) and more.
- Training Tailor Made offers a flexible approach to education, with in-class, blended or online options with quality educators. You can access your learning materials online at any time, completing units according to our weekly schedule or at your own pace.
- You will be supported through your studies by a team of experienced Trainers and Assessors and student support team. We are here to help, with 24/7 online access, and available by walk in, phone or email during office ours. Student experience is our priority.
CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability)
Approximately 6 months including 120 hours of placement. Flexible options, with face-to-face, online or blended learning options available.
Qualification level Certificate
Flexible: in class, blended or online with 120 hours of Work Placement.
Face to face classes, lecture recordings and 24/7 learning materials and assessments.
Written questions, workplace assessments, practical tasks and work placement
Australian Pacific Services Pty Ltd/ Training Tailor Made (RTO number: 31729)
Workers in this industry are in high demand. The past five years has seen strong growth in the aged and disability sector, with many thousands of jobs expected to become available in the coming years.
(Australian Government Job Outlook)
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone who would like to start a career as a Support Worker or Aged Care Worker, or for those already working in the area needing to formalize or upgrade their qualifications.
Potential Career Outcomes
- Aged Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Residential Support Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Nurse’s Aide
- Care Assistant
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
You will learn:
- About the human body and how to support its healthy functioning
- Important skills to comply with infection control
- How to facilitate the empowerment of older people. How to work with diverse people
- Legal and ethical requirements for working in a care role
- Meeting personal client support needs
- How to tailor support to meet the needs of individual clients
- Learn about dementia, how it can affect a person, and strategies to communicate with, support, and monitor a client with dementia
- How to support client independence and wellbeing
- How to work effectively within the health and community care sector
- How to implement behaviour support strategies
- How to assist and support clients to participate in community settings.
- How to work safely when providing direct client care
15 UNITS (9 core, 6 elective)
CORE UNITS (9)
- CHCCCS031 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS038 Facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support
- CHCCCS040 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS041 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001Work legally and ethically
- HLTINF006 Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE011 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCAGE013 Work effectively in aged care
- CHCPAL003 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCDIS011 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS012 Support community participation and social inclusion
CHCDIS020 Work effectively in disability support
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability), awarded by Training Tailor Made, RTO Provider Number 31729.
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, per the CHC Community Services Training Package.
It is also recommended that students
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have access to a computer
- Have basic computing skills
You will need to be at least 16 years old.