Progress in your rewarding community career with the CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability. Develop your skills and knowledge to improve the lives of those in need. The course covers the fundamental aspects of working with people who have an intellectual or physical disability and empowering them to become more independent and participate in community-based activities.
Progress in your community career with the CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability. Develop your skills and knowledge to improve the lives of those in need. The course covers the fundamental aspects of working with people who have an intellectual or physical disability and empowering them to become more independent and participate in community-based activities. Learn to coordinate person-centred services for older people, provide support to people living with dementia, and work independantly.
Why study Disability with us?
- Fully online for existing workers, with ongoing trainer support.
- Training Tailor Made specialise in this sector, with highly experienced Trainers and Assessors who will support you, inspire you and challenge you to grow to your fullest potential.
- Successful completion will qualify you to work independently and take the next step in your career.
- Benefit from our strong community connections and reputation.
CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
Up to 12 months including placement.
- $100 concessional
- $190 non-concessional
Funded through the Higher Level Skills program or Back to Work Funding (C3G Plus).
Online and work based
Workplace assessments, Written assessments
Australian Pacific Services Pty Ltd/ Training Tailor Made (RTO number: 31729)
Workers in this industry are in high demand. The past five years has seen strong growth in the aged and disability sector, with many thousands of jobs expected to become available in the coming years.
(Australian Government Job Outlook)
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone who would like progress in their disability or community career, who already holds a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Lifestyle Support Officer
- Disability Team Leader
- Local Area Coordinator
- Disability Support Facilitator
- Aged Care Support Worker
What you’ll learn
During the course, you will learn to support and empower people with complex needs, and work independently. This is a pathway to a position with greater responsibility and opportunities to advance within the disability services sector.
14 units in total: 11 Core, 3 Electives
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 – Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 – Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 – Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 – Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability, awarded by Training Tailor Made, RTO Provider Number 31729.
This course is available to those who hold a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support, and are a current worker in the community services industry. A current National Police Clearance is required.
It is also recommended that students
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have access to a computer
- Have basic computing skills
- Be able to obtain a police clearance
- Show vaccination status
You will need to be at least 16 years old.