Progress your aged care career with the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support. This qualification is a step towards nursing and will enhance your skills and knowledge to enable you to provide higher-level care to clients with complex needs, and lead teams.
The Individual Support and Aged Care industry is experiencing rapid growth, with strong prospects and job security. This qualification will progress your skills, knowledge to take the next step in your career towards coordination and leadership roles.
Why study Ageing with us?
- Fully online for existing workers, with ongoing trainer support.
- Training Tailor Made specialise in this sector, with highly experienced Trainers and Assessors who will support you, inspire you and challenge you to grow to your fullest potential.
- Successful completion will qualify you to work as an aged care worker, aged care activity worker or as a volunteer coordinator in settings supporting older people.
- Benefit from our strong community connections and reputation.
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
Up to 12 months including placement.
- $100 concessional
- $190 non-concessional
Funded through the Higher Level Skills program or Back to Work Funding (C3G Plus).
Online with Work Placement and trainer support.
Written assessments and workplace assessments
Australian Pacific Services Pty Ltd/ Training Tailor Made (RTO number: 31729)
Workers in this industry are in high demand. Strong growth has occured in this area over the past five years and is expected to continue to grow, with strong career prospects.
(Australian Government Job Outlook)
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone who would like to progress in their aged care or community role, developing skills and knowledge to provide a higher level of care for complex support needs.
Potential career outcomes
- Disability Support Worker
- Coordinator of Volunteers (for services for older people)
- Care Service Team Leader
- Aged Care Activity Worker
18 units in total: 15 Core 3 Electives
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
You will have the opportunity to complete a dual qualification, adding the CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability.
This course is available to those who hold a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support, and are a current worker in the community services industry. You will require a current National Police Clearance.
It is also recommended that students
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have access to a computer
- Have basic computing skills
- Show vaccination status
You will need to be at least 16 years old.