Training Tailor Made offers the Certificate III in Individual Support specialising in either Ageing, Disability or Home and Community. This qualification will equip you with the skills to provide a high level of personal, physical, and emotional support to clients with high care needs. This qualification will allow you to secure a community care role in one of the three sectors listed below.
Are you driven to help those in need, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing?
Start your career in the community services or health industry with this qualification that will qualify you to work in a broad range of mental health settings.
Why study mental health with us?
- Start your course at any time, with user friendly online resources and full trainer support.
- Our trainers are highly experienced with years of industry knowledge, and industry connections.
- The community industry is fast-growing, with caring and knowledgeable workers in demand.
- After completion of this course, you will qualify to work in a variety of roles, with various career pathways.
- Training Tailor Made offers flexible education. You can choose to follow our schedule or work at your own pace.
- You will be supported through your studies by a team of experienced Trainers and Assessors and administration staff members. Student experience is our priority.
Up to 12 months including placement, with flexible options.
Qualification level Certificate
You choose: in class, blended or online with work placement.
Written assessments and workplace assessments
Australian Pacific Services Pty Ltd/ Training Tailor Made (RTO number: 31729)
The community services and mental industry is growing, with increasing demand for caring and qualified professionals like you. If you are looking to start a career in mental health, or if you would like to formalise your qualifications and experience, you have come to the right place.
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone who would like to start a career as a Support Worker or Mental Health Worker, or for those already working in the area needing to formalize or upgrade their qualifications.
Potential Career Outcomes
- Mental Health Officer
- Case Manager
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Community Services Worker
- Support Worker
What you’ll learn
During the course, you will learn:
- How to work with people with mental health issues.
- How to support wellbeing and diversity.
- How to work effectively within the health and community care sector.
- How to implement behaviour support strategies.
- How to work with trauma and co-existing needs.
- How to work with drug and alcohol issues.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness.
- How to manage your own personal stress.
15 units in total: 11 Core 4 Elective
You will be required to complete a total of 80 hours to successfully achieve this qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a nationally recognised CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health from Training Tailor Made, RTO Provider Number 31729.
To be eligible for the Government Funding, you must be an existing worker in the Community Services Industry or NDIS carer (paid or unpaid).
It is also recommended that students
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have access to a computer
- Have basic computing skills
You will need to be at least 16 years old.