Are you passionate about helping and empowering people in need? Become qualified to work in a range of roles within the community services industry, and learn to inspire, support, empower snd advocate for individuals and groups with the CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services.
This course covers mental health, case management skills, diversity, communication, and much more.
If you are looking to upskill or seeking a fulfilling career in community services, with the opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of others through direct care, then this could be your perfect match. This course will help you develop your skills to work with people at-risk in the community. You will develop communication skills, case management skills and learn to work in a professional setting with diverse clients and staff.
If you are caring for someone at home who is receiving NDIS support, or working within the community, then you may be eligible to complete this Diploma with Government Funding.
Why study Community Services with us?
- This course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you require to start or progress in your career as a qualified Community Services worker within 6 months. You will gain the fundamental practical skills and knowledge required for community services workers to graduate job ready.
- The community sector is fast-growing, with workers in high-demand.
- Training Tailor Made specialize in this sector, with highly experienced Trainers and Assessors who will support you, inspire you and challenge you to grow to your fullest potential.
- After completion of this course, you will qualify to work in a variety of community roles, with various career pathways, including areas such as disability, mental health, housing, domestic violence, family support, case management, employment and more.
- Training Tailor Made offers flexible education. We offer in class options with excellent teachers, online options, blended learning, lecture recordings and ability to fast-track your qualification. You can access your learning materials at any time, with our user-friendly online portal and high-quality resources.
- You will be supported through your studies by a team of experienced Trainers and Assessors and administration staff members. We offer tutoring support, in class and online consultations. Sdtuent experience is our priority.
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
Approximately 6 months including 100 hours of placement, with flexible options.
- $100 concessional
- $190 non-concessional
Funded through: the Back to Work Funding (C3G Plus) or Higher Level Skills Program.
Flexible options: in class, blended or online with 100 hours of Work Placement.
Written assessments, Workplace assessments
Australian Pacific Services Pty Ltd/ Training Tailor Made (RTO number: 31729)
According to the Australian Government Job Outlook Service, the community services sector is one of the largest growing industries in Australia, with the demand for qualified workers increasing rapidly. Workers are needed across the nation. Career progression is steady in this industry and is a stable long-term career choice.
The community services sector assists and supports individuals, families and communities in need, contributing to their wellbeing and quality of life through social, residential, family and saibility support.
A growing number of jobs across the country are becoming available in areas such as disability work, youth work, counselling, social services, community development and individual support.
Who this course is for?
This Diploma is for anyone who would like to start a career as a Support Worker or Case Manager, and for those already working in the area needing to formalize or upgrade their qualifications. It is funded for those with community experience, or current carers for NDIS participants (paid or unpaid).
Upon graduation, you will be qualified to gain work in a variety of settings, such as family welfare organisations, disability services, youth services, child protection, community health services and employment.
Potential Career Outcomes
- Community Services Worker
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Case Manager
- Youth Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Care Coordinator
- Social Housing Coordinator
What you’ll learn
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services will teach you how to listen to and understand people’s problems, how to provide appropriate assistance according to background and circumstances, and to provide holistic support and develop plans to address short-term and long-term goals and write assessments.
Topics you will cover in the course include:
- Fundamentals of community services
- How to develop service programs
- Legal and ethical compliance
- How to develop and review case management
- Client assessment
- Counselling skills
- Professional practice
- Project management and budgets
16 units in total: 8 Core 8 Elective
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impact of sociological factors on client in community work
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRT003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate, and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDEV003 Analyse client information for service plan & deliver
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to young people at risk
- CHCEDU009 Provide parenting, health and wellbeing education
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCSM006 Provide case management supervision
For a dual Diploma in Child, Youth and Familiy Intervention CHC50313
You will have the opportunity to complete four additional units to gain a dual qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a nationally recognised CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services awarded by Training Tailor Made, RTO Provider Number 31729.
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, per the CHC Community Services Training Package, although funding requires industry experience.
It is also recommended that students
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have access to a computer
- Have basic computing skills
You will need to be at least 16 years old.